We'll treat you to a leisurely trek through the scenic Montana countryside — atop the area's distinctive rimrocks, through ponderosa pines and fields of wildflowers, mule deer, and wild turkeys. We'll show you spectacular views of five different mountain ranges and a unique perspective of the city.
With miles of riding trails in a beautiful setting, well-trained horses and professional guides, Bitter Creek Outfitters beckons you to leave the city and the 21st Century behind. A definite must on your list of fun things to do while visiting Billings!
Contact us to see if we can help you with a picnic or birthday party, team bonding experience or even marriage proposal!1.
No Experience Necessary
Before the ride, time will be taken to become acquainted with your trusty steed, make any necessary equipment adjustments, and take a brief course in Trail Riding 101.
Please keep in mind that we operate a working cattle ranch and those duties may impact our ability to respond to your inquiry right away or accommodate your booking request.
In the event of inclement weather, it may be necessary to reschedule. If possible, we will try to make this decision prior to your arrival. Please feel free to call in advance of your scheduled ride if you are in doubt of the weather. Your safety, and the safety of our horses and guides, is our number one priority and consideration.
You may reschedule your ride if necessary due to an illness or conflict; again, please call and cancel with as much advance notice as you can provide so that we do not use valuable time and resources tacking horses unnecessarily.
Equipment and Attire
- Clothes appropriate for the season.
- Long pants STRONGLY recommended.
- Boots with up to a 1-inch heel, such as hiking boots or cowboy boots, are recommended. Tennis shoes are fine but NO open-toed shoes, sandals or flip-flops are allowed.
- Rain jackets, just in case.
- Helmets are required, unless a Helmet Waiver has been signed. You may wear your own equestrian approved helmet, or one will be provided free of charge.
- If you choose not to wear a helmet, a hat is advised.
- Other items to consider bringing: camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, bug spray.
Bitter Creek Outfitters is not responsible for lost or damaged items brought with you.
Rider Safety: The Height-to-Weight Ratio
Bitter Creek Outfitters reserves the right to refuse anyone whom we determine is in poor physical condition or in any way impaired so that they are unable to safely complete a ride. The safety of our guests and our horses is our top priority.